There has been a gym on this site since 1965 when the then owner Roy moved here on what was the old fire station site. Roy had begun training at Imps gym in Oxford Street in 1948 and had already established a gym in Hillmorton but moved here to gain an increase in the size of premises.
It was a traditional hard core power lifting, Olympic lifting and bodybuilding gym.
Roy was a bodybuilder, Olympic lifter, Olympic lifting coach and Leicester Tiger – we are currently working on a full biog of Roy at the moment.
The gym was taken over by the current owner Matt in 1998 and he has overseen the development from the traditional lifting gym, which still remains at the heart of the business, to a fully equipped fitness facility.